DK - Who needs to register a business?
A foreign company that delivers services or establishes a company in Denmark is obliged to supply information to the Danish Business Authority and register the company.
There are three types of situations a foreign company can be in. In all three situations, the company is obliged to register.
The three situations are:
- your company has a permanent business location in Denmark, or
- your company does not have an address in Denmark at all or
- your company does not have a postal address in Denmark.
For more exact information on what to do in each specific situation, please see the following video clips:
DK - Purpose of business registration
The purpose of registering a company is to act in accordance with Danish Law. As to this law, the company must register before it starts business.
DK - Legal basis
The following regulations apply:
DK - Responsible authority
The Danish Commerce and Companies Agency, an institution under the Danish Ministry of Business and Growth, is responsible for business registration.
DK - Process flow
This step by step guide describes the process for sending your application electronically using the BusinessInDenmark website.
1. Create your files and save them on your computer
- Find relevant application form and print a copy (start by selecting your trade)
- Fill in the application form and sign the document with your signature
- Scan an electronic copy of the application form and save it to your computer
- Scan an electronic copy of all relevant appendixes supporting the application (Proof of education etc.)
We accept PDF, BMP and Tiff file formats.
2. Get ready to send your application and appendixes
- Go to the correct page for exactly your business
- Press the “Upload application(s) button
This will open a new window in your browser and therefore it is important that you have allowed pop-up windows in your browser. For more information about enabling pop-up windows in your browser we refer to your browsers help function.
3. Type in email and send documents
- The window for sending your application(s) and appendixes will appear after pressing the “Upload application(s) button.
- Fill in your email address
- Click “Browse” to select relevant documents
- You can always click the “red cross” to the right of the filename in order to cancel the upload of a single document.
When you have selected all relevant documents you are ready to send by pressing the “Submit” button”.
4. Confirmation of correct receipt at the authority
Shortly after you have sent your documents, you will receive a notification by